How to Transfer Yahoo Emails to Gmail Account Securely?
If the thought to transfer emails from Yahoo to Gmail gives you chills then, do not worry. It isn’t as difficult as you think. Subsequently, this blog holds the methods and reasons of Yahoo mail to Gmail migration on Mac.
Lately, multiple incidents have happened that lead the user to lose faith in Yahoo mail. One of them was the substantial data breach of 2013. It was reported that almost the data of 3 billion users were affected. In simple words, your data has been breached, if you have a Yahoo account.
This is when Gmail gained immense popularity. Users started to move from their old Yahoo mail account to Gmail accounts. Besides this, Gmail offers 15 GB of free storage that is shared amongst Google Drive, Google Photos, and Google Account (Gmail).
However, we all advice you to have a backup of all your essential data beforehand to avoid all the nuisance. So without much further ado, let us find the reasons for the importation first. Following that, we will discuss the methods for Yahoo mail forwarding to Gmail account.
Reasons to Transfer Emails from Yahoo to Gmail?
There are multiple benefits of having a Gmail account for managing data. We will cover a few of them in the adjacent section of the blog.
- Gmail offers an easy and interactive graphical user interface, hence, a beginner can use it simply.
- This is preferable when it comes to sending large email attachments.
- A user has to remove the spam emails manually in the Yahoo application but Gmail has its own facility to keep emails in spam folder.
- It is a lot easier to organize files and folders in Gmail email clients.
After establishing dominance in email communication, every user is now looking for ways to perform this exportation. So, with no further delay, we will know the workarounds to migrate Yahoo mail to Gmail.
Move Yahoo Mail Folders to Gmail – Several Practices
There are broadly two procedures that a user can choose from for a bulk emails migration.
We will first encounter the manual method to understand this migration.
How to Manually Migrate Yahoo Mail to Gmail?
Carry out the steps discussed below in a sequential manner to perform the importation effectively.
- Firstly, sign in to your Gmail account by entering the email ID and password.
- After the successful login, you will see a cog icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on that and then on the See all settings option.
- From the Settings screen, move to the Accounts and Import tab >> Import mail and contacts.
- In the new pop-up window, provide the Yahoo mail email address from which you want to import the data and hit the Continue button.
- In the next ShuttleCloud Migration window, click on Agree to move further to transfer emails from Yahoo to Gmail.
- A message with Authentication Successful will then come on your screen.
- Afterward, multiple Import options will appear. Here, check the required import options and hit the Start Import button to import Yahoo mail to Gmail account manually.
Restraints of the Manual Method
- This manual procedure is only fruitful if you have sound technical knowledge. Otherwise, you might lose your vital data.
- If you have huge data then, it might take up to two days to complete the entire process.
- Moreover, it will only transfer emails from Yahoo to Gmail account of Inbox folder, rest of the folders will be extracted.
- Also, there is no provision for selective migration as there is no folder selection or range-based filters.
The next section of the article comprises the best solution to overcome all the shortcomings of the manual method.
Transfer Emails from Yahoo to Gmail on Mac OS Professionally
Yahoo Mail Migration Tool to migrate emails to Gmail account on Mac OS is an error-free, convenient, and the most trustworthy solution. This utility is designed with a set of unique features including delta and selective migration. Besides this, the interface of the program is straightforward so that even a novice user can operate it easily. Along with these, it allows for a bulk Yahoo emails migration to Gmail account with attachments on all the Mac OS versions.
Additionally, the tool ensures that the metadata and folder structure will be same throughout the process. Moreover, you can easily avail of the free trial version by clicking on the below download button to know the functionality of the tool. It is even better option if you want to migrate Yahoo to Hotmail account or just use it to migrate Yahoo mail to iCloud.
Step by Step Guide to Perform Bulk Migration on Mac Desktop
Download the software on Mac machine first of all, then follow the below steps to transfer emails from Yahoo to Gmail account-
- Go for your Source IMAP account selection as Yahoo Mail and input your credentials.
- Next, authorize the added Yahoo mail credentials by clicking on the Validate button.
- In the same manner, choose the Gmail option as a destination IMAP account, enter credentials, and validate
- After this, you can select the Date Filter and check or uncheck the required mail from to migrate from Yahoo mail
- Ultimately, click on the Start Migration button to transfer mail folders from Yahoo mail to Gmail in bulk mode effortlessly.
The Final Verdict
Many users were looking for the answers for how to transfer emails from Yahoo to Gmail. As a result, we have discussed the automated as well as the manual workarounds for Yahoo Mail to Gmail migration. However, we can easily conclude that the results of the professional technique are more consistent. On the contrary to this, the manual method is more vulnerable to data loss. Even professional method allows you to transfer bulk emails from selected Yahoo mail account to required Gmail on Mac desktop.