How to Migrate Emails from Hotmail to Gmail Easily?
User Query: I have been using Hotmail for quite a long time now on my Mac machine. All my friends and colleagues are insisting me switch to a Gmail account. But, I have no idea how Gmail is better than Hotmail and what are the benefits for Hotmail to Gmail migration. Please help me out as I have no clue for this migration on a Mac machine. However, I have multiple files attached to the AOL mail emails that I do not want to change.
There are several email services available in the marketplace, each having its own uniqueness. A user chooses the one which matches the suitability. From the query provided above, we have concluded that a user is finding ways to transfer Hotmail emails to Gmail account. So, the following section provides all those reasons and methods to perform the importation.
Reasons to Transfer Hotmail Account to Gmail Account
This part of the blog explains the reasons when a user like you prefer to migrate emails from Hotmail to Gmail, such as-
- Gmail offers more free storage in comparison with the Hotmail application.
- Moreover, when it comes to security then, Gmail is most suitable email service as compared to Outlook.com.
- Gmail offers advanced search and spam blocking features which lack in the MSN Hotmail.
- Also, Gmail interface is quite easy to operate so that even a novice user can access and manage emails and attachments.
How to Migrate Hotmail to Gmail Manually?
There are numerous feasible manual methods for performing this migration on respective Mac machine. A few of them we are listing below so that you can perform a safe migration. However, manually executing this task can be tricky and long. But to know all, just follow all the manual strategies are given below.
#1. Use the In-built Service of Google
- Log into your Gmail with the correct set of credentials and click on the gear icon.
- Then, choose the See all settings option >> Account and Import option.
- From there, opt for the Import Mail and contacts option to migrate Hotmail to Gmail account.
- In the new dialog box, provide the Hotmail email address.
- From the next screen, confirm the credentials of the account >> hit the Continue button to proceed further.
- In the Import options wizard, mark the categories that you wish to migrate >> click on Start Import.
Keep in mind: Here, the time taken in the migration is directly proportional to the amount of data that has to be migrated.
#2. Forward Emails from Hotmail.com to Gmail
- Log in to your Hotmail account and click on the gear icon >> choose options
- The next step is to go to the Managing your Account tab >> then, Email Forwarding option
- From the next window, select Forward your mail to another account option. >> Afterward, enter the email address.
- Once done, go back to your Outlook.com page >> Under managing your account select connect devices and apps with POP.
- Click on the radio button to enable the option and at last click on Save.
- Then, open your Gmail account and click on the gear icon available at the top-right corner.
- From there, hit the See all settings option >> choose Forwarding and POP/IMAP >> Add a POP3 Mail account you own.
- Here, provide the necessary details of the Hotmail.com >> select Leave a copy of messages on the server.
- The last step is to click on the Add Account button.
#3. Migrate Hotmail Emails using Desktop Based Application
- Open Outlook and configure it with your Hotmail user account.
- After the complete synchronization of the emails in the application, migrate them into MS Outlook.
- Here, you can download emails from the Hotmail mailbox to your computer, it will create a PST file
- Later on, just configure with the Gmail account in respective MS Outlook and then import the PST file into it.
- This is how you can manage and access all Hotmail emails in Gmail account using an external desktop application.
Automatically Perform Hotmail to Gmail Migration on Mac OS
If you are looking for an efficient solution to transfer Hotmail emails to Gmail platform, then use Hotmail Email Migration Tool. It is an advanced program with an interactive graphical user interface. Users need not install any other third-party supporting application while working on this software. It is capable of migrating the data on a date-range basis.
The delta migration option allows users to migrate the newly received data only. As a result, resolving the issues of data duplicity. Besides this, it assures that all the folder structure and metadata properties will be kept intact even after the importation process. Also, it produces an export report after the completion of the process.
In case, you are wondering to migrate Hotmail email to Yahoo mail on Mac machine then this tool is best. Moreover, it even helps to migrate all the attachments of the Hotmail.com account.
Steps to Transfer Hotmail Emails to Gmail Account
- Launch the software and read the instructions given on the window screen, tap Continue
- Now, select the Hotmail account in Host IMAP account selection.
- Provide the credentials of the selected source account and click on validate to authorize.
- Similarly, make your destination IMAP selection as Gmail and provide the credentials. Likewise, validate this as well.
- Apply the date filters, if needed, and click on the Start Migration.
Note: You can avail of the Incremental Migration feature only if you have already migrated the data earlier at least once.
In the above-mentioned blog, we have provided a full-fledged guide to perform Hotmail to Gmail migration on Mac OS. All of you can go with any of the solutions provided above if they match the requirements. In case, you are a non-technical user, then we would like to advise you to go with the expert-recommended utility. As it provides a complete safe solution to transfer Hotmail.com email and attachments.