IMAP Migration from Yahoo to Office 365: A Step by Step Process
In today’s technology-oriented world, emails are considered to be the most valuable and powerful mode of communication. Due to change in technology, the requirements of businesses and organizations changes. Moreover, organizations always opt for the latest technologies to fulfill their business necessities and to remain competitive in the industry. Nowadays, people doing IMAP Migration from Yahoo to Office 365 due to numerous reasons.
Office 365 is a subscription plan which includes Microsoft Office applications and other productivity services that are enabled over the cloud (Internet). Its efficiency and feature-rich nature make it better than Yahoo. Thus, people are switching from Yahoo mail to Office 365.
Now the question arises, how to migrate from Yahoo data to Office 365? The users can easily shift with the help of the IMAP migration process.
In the section given below, we are going to explain the step-by-step method of transferring yahoo data from Yahoo to O365.
IMAP Migration from Yahoo to Office 365
To move from Yahoo emails to Office 365 the user needs to convert the data into PST format first and then transfer it into Outlook 365 application. The user has to follow the below-mentioned method to migrate Yahoo email to Office 365.
Part A: Migrate Yahoo Mail to Outlook PST Format
- First, you need to Sign-in into your Yahoo account. Now, change the Account Security of the Yahoo email
- Click on the Allow apps that use less secure sign-in option
- Now, open MS Outlook > File > Info > Add Account option > Manually Configure Server Settings > Next
- After that, go to Add New Account > Select POP 3 or IMAP > Next. Enter the required login details that are Yahoo email address and password
- Next, you have to enter pop.mail.yahoo.com in the incoming mail server field and smtp.mail.yahoo.com in the outgoing mail server field
- Click on More Settings > POP and IMAP Account Settings > Assign an Account Name
- Now, choose the Outgoing Server tab and check the outgoing server (SMTP) requires an authentication option. Also, hit on the radio button Use the same settings as my incoming mail server
- Click on the Advanced tab, type 995 for the POP server, and type 465 for the SMTP server. Select the SSL as the encryption type and click on the This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection (SSL) option.
- Click on OK > Next > Finish > Exit and Restart Outlook
- Finally, hit on the Send/Receive option > Select Send/Receive All Folders.
Part B: IMAP Migration from Yahoo to Office 365
The user can move Yahoo business mail to Office 365 by following the two methods given below.
Method 1: Using Network Upload
- Copy the SAS URL and install Azure AzCopy on your system
- Now, upload all the files to Office 365 account
- Then, you have to view the uploaded files to continue the process
- Create a new import mapping file
- Finally, create the import job in Office 365
Method 2: Using Drive Shipping
- First, you need to copy the files into a BitLocker encrypted hard disk
- Then, transfer the drive to Microsoft physically
- After receiving the hard disk, the data personnel starts uploading MS Outlook data which is received to the location. The location is temporary in the cloud of Microsoft
- Next, you can make use of Office 365 Import service to convert exported Yahoo email to Outlook 365 account
Sometimes, the users face difficulties while implementing the manual solution. Thus, the user can opt for an automated solution that is IMAP to Office 365 Migrator to make the migration process hassle-free. With the help of this utility, the users can export emails from IMAP Server Mailboxes to Microsoft Office 365 accounts in bulk. Moreover, the software is designed with advanced algorithms which enable the user to work with the tool in a seamless manner. Some of the features associated with the software are:
- The application is capable to import mailboxes in a trouble-free manner
- The hierarchy of the IMAP folders is maintained while the export process
- The tool can easily import both archive mailboxes and public folders
- Provides a date-based filter option to transfer the selective IMAP data
- A migration report is also generated by the tool after the completion of the export process
There are many users who are migrating Yahoo Business Mail to Office 365 due to the features and services offered by Microsoft Office. Yahoo Mail users are also searching for a simple way to switch from Yahoo to Office 365.
Therefore, in the above section, we have explained IMAP migration from Yahoo to Office 365 in a detailed manner. The user can implement the step-by-step process to import Yahoo email data to Office 365.
- Expert recommended solution to perform SquirrelMail Email to Office 365 migration.